Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

A Different Perspective


Hello All! My name is TheStudent, and I am TJ's daughter. I've been working as an editor for many of the posts that go up here, but this week I am writing to you all while my mother helps to host some of our family friends.

As many of you could probably imagine, I love England just like my parents. I have since I was little, and have been fortunate to travel there on two different occasions now, with a third trip coming this summer. A big part of why I love to visit England is because I love studying history, especially when I can get to the historical sites themselves. In England, especially in the Northumberland area, there are dozens of historic sites within easy walking distance. That is an amazing opportunity for exploration, and I am very excited about the chance I get to explore again this summer.

However, much like both my parents before me, I am looking for bigger and better adventures that are peeking over the horizon. Currently, I'm a history student who is also seeking licensure to become a special education teacher. I still live in Colorado while I'm getting my bachelors, but after seeing my parents make such a successful transition to living in England while my father gets his doctorate, I am giving consideration to making the transition myself. Part of my journey this summer is going to include looking at degree options for my masters in special education overseas in England.

I am hopeful for what my future holds, but I know that even if I don't go to England for education, I will find some way to experience life in England for longer than a week-long vacation. My love for England is much like my parents, and I am hopeful that sooner rather than later I will be there, with my parents, for my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment